Martin de Candre 'L'Original' Shaving Soap was the very first soap in the Martin de Candre range, with its first manufacturing run coming in the 1980s. The ultra luxurious texture and abundance of foam immediately seduced wet shavers, while the discreet and refined freshness of its perfume made from the essential oils of lavender, mint and rosemary only added to its appeal.
Traditionally made using the Marseilles or Hot Process method, Martin de Candre 'L'Original' Shaving Soap generates a rich and warm lather when used with a shaving brush and hot water. The lather protects the skin and softens the beard while providing an extremely close shave.
Advice from Martin de Candre on how to achieve the best possible shave:
- Thoroughly wash your face with warm water for a couple of minutes.
- Always rinse your shaving brush well under warm water after each use and gently flick out the excess water. Too much water and the lather will become runny and will dry out too quickly when applied to face.
- Brush the shaving soap in a circular, whisking motion with the shaving brush until a rich lather forms. Do not press down on the bristles, as this may damage the brush - simply move in quick circular motions.
- Now use the brush to apply the lather to your beard in small, gentle, circular motions or in gentle painting motions. Experiment until you produce a good lather.
- When finished, quickly rinse the shaving soap bowl-like container under cold water to remove excess foam. Invert bowl so as to let soap drain and dry. Soap dries best when bowl is left open.
A good shaving soap used along with a shaving brush provides an extremely close shave making you feel clean and comfortable. Now the once mundane task of shaving turns into a morning treat!
- Simply the best
First off thank you to theEnglishshavingcompany for bringing this wonderful shaving soap to us, my previous purchases were direct from Martin de Candre, France.
Martin de Candre is the benchmarks of all other shaving soaps and a top tier performer in most mens shaving den.
It produces a thick creamy lather with ample cusion and glide effortlessly. The fresh scent of lavender, mint and rosemary is reminiscent of a Provincial garden. If you are put off by the price 10 seconds of loading a brush will see you with a luxurious 3 pass shave, a tub will easily last a year of daily use.
Quality Price Value