Martin de Candre Citrus Shaving Soap boasts all the usual hallmarks - generous, unctuous, soft lather and deliciously fragrant. This citrus (or 'agrumes') shaving soap has the unparalleled freshness of lemon, grapefruit, and bergamot - fragile, subtle notes that can sometimes prove difficult to harmonise for a perfumer, but pulled off here with aplomb using only essential oils. A shave to savour.
Traditionally made using the Marseilles or Hot Process method, Martin de Candre Citrus Shaving Soap generates a rich and warm lather when used with a shaving brush and hot water. The lather protects the skin and softens the beard while providing an extremely close shave.
Advice from Martin de Candre on how to achieve the best possible shave:
- Thoroughly wash your face with warm water for a couple of minutes.
- Always rinse your shaving brush well under warm water after each use and gently flick out the excess water. Too much water and the lather will become runny and will dry out too quickly when applied to face.
- Brush the shaving soap in a circular, whisking motion with the shaving brush until a rich lather forms. Do not press down on the bristles, as this may damage the brush - simply move in quick circular motions.
- Now use the brush to apply the lather to your beard in small, gentle, circular motions or in gentle painting motions. Experiment until you produce a good lather.
- When finished, quickly rinse the shaving soap bowl-like container under cold water to remove excess foam. Invert bowl so as to let soap drain and dry. Soap dries best when bowl is left open.
A good shaving soap used along with a shaving brush provides an extremely close shave making you feel clean and comfortable. Now the once mundane task of shaving turns into a morning treat!
- The Best
Martin De Candre Citrus Shaving Soap, affectionately known as MDC, has been called the Rolls Royce of shaving soaps: I would have to agree. Of all of the natural soaps I have tried, this one is the best. Delicately scented with a fresh citrus aroma, this handcrafted MDC soap builds to a rich, thick lather, delivers an truly exceptional shave, and, best of all, leaves the skin wonderfully soft. This soap is every bit as effective for conditioning my skin as a nourishing facial cream. Although this is a pricer soap, ESC offers an unbeatable price with very reasonable shipping costs, and my jar of MDC looks like it will last and last, making this a superlative value in the long run. I wish I had ordered more than one...
Quality Price Value
Read about MDC’s quality many times but was unable to locate any until I found it here. Lived up to its reputation and then some. Slickness and cushioning are second to none. It will also last a long time, so it’s well worth the investment.
Quality Price Value