Martin de Candre Nature Shaving Soap is made with the same ingredients and processes as the scented soaps in the collection. Added to the range by popular demand, it is an excellent soap that lathers well and lasts a long time without leaving a perfume. Very soft, it spreads like a cream - abundant and wet. It will allow you to perform a close shave with great glide and cushion.
Traditionally made using the Marseilles or Hot Process method, Martin de Candre 'Le Nature' Shaving Soap (Unscented) generates a rich and warm lather when used with a shaving brush and hot water. The lather protects the skin and softens the beard while providing an extremely close shave.
Advice from Martin de Candre on how to achieve the best possible shave:
- Thoroughly wash your face with warm water for a couple of minutes.
- Always rinse your shaving brush well under warm water after each use and gently flick out the excess water. Too much water and the lather will become runny and will dry out too quickly when applied to face.
- Brush the shaving soap in a circular, whisking motion with the shaving brush until a rich lather forms. Do not press down on the bristles, as this may damage the brush - simply move in quick circular motions.
- Now use the brush to apply the lather to your beard in small, gentle, circular motions or in gentle painting motions. Experiment until you produce a good lather.
- When finished, quickly rinse the shaving soap bowl-like container under cold water to remove excess foam. Invert bowl so as to let soap drain and dry. Soap dries best when bowl is left open.
A good shaving soap used along with a shaving brush provides an extremely close shave making you feel clean and comfortable. Now the once mundane task of shaving turns into a morning treat!
- excellent soap, though quite dry
Excellent value, and 2/3 of the price anywhere else, I've used this maybe 10 times now and it's barely noticeable om whats left.
I have very sensitive skin, and the very simple ingredients list has not irritated me at all. However I can find it to be a bit dry, only when spread thin (by third pass), as it does not contain any essential oils (hence no irritation).
Quality Price Value